8 complete, 24 in progress…
Lose 30 pounds: COMPLETED 07/19: 216.1
2) Blog my progress on 101 Things monthly: This is #7 out of 11 (missed 4).
3) Watch a movie from every year since moviemaking began: 127 total to see (using 2015 as the cutoff), 22/127 done. NO MOVEMENT
4) Get a list of 20 book recommendations from Ellen and read them all 13/20 completed:
“The Women’s Room” by Marilyn French
“And the Shofar Blew” by Francine RiversCURRENTLY READING:
“Anne of Green Gables” by Lucy Maud Montgomery
“The End of Mr. Y” by Scarlett Thomas
“The Hiding Place” by Corrie Ten Boom
“It Can’t Happen Here” by Sinclair Lewis
“Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen
“Anne of Avonlea:Anne of Green Gables Book 2″ by Lucy Maud Montgomery
“Anne of the Island: Anne of Green Gables Book 3″ by Lucy Maud Montgomery
“Anne of Windy Poplars : Anne of Green Gables Book 4″ by Lucy Maud Montgomery
“Anne’s House of Dreams : Anne of Green Gables Book 5″ by Lucy Maud Montgomery
“Anne of Ingleside : Anne of Green Gables Book 6″ by Lucy Maud Montgomery
“Rainbow Valley : Anne of Green Gables Book 7″ by Lucy Maud Montgomery
“Rilla of Ingleside : Anne of Green Gables Book 8″ by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Run a 5K: COMPLETED ON 05/31/2014 Time 30:41.4
6) Copy all our recipes onto index cards: Haven’t done any new ones recently
7) Be able to do 200 situps: Can currently do 20. NO MOVEMENT
8) Get screenings for HDL/LDL cholesterol, blood glucose and BMI and get them to healthy level: IN PROGRESS. I have my numbers but need to improve some to be “healthy”…
Triglycerides/Total cholesterol and glucose normal. LDL “bad” cholesterol 120 mg/dL (down from 130-159 range last year, goal <100).Heart disease risk-average. HDL “good” cholesterol 34 mg/dL (short term goal 41,long term goal >60)/BMI 41.7 (short term goal 39)/Blood pressure 132 over 72 (<120 for first number)
Next action: Add more leafy greens to my diet and continue exercise. That should help raise my HDL cholesterol while lowering my weight (and my BMI with it) and I expect also my blood pressure will push into the correct range along with it…
9) Drink 8 glasses of water a day for a month: Still averaging about 2 a day.
10) Create a bucket list: 17/100. No new ones.
11) Finalize my own personal “Top 1000 Songs” list: Still at 715 songs, no movement.
12) Bench press my body weight: Still at 110 out of 170 but the reps have increased.
13) Learn 30 new words (and use them in conversation):IN PROGRESS 10/30
1. SUPERANNUATED- obsolete.
2. TORPIDITY- languor, sluggishness, stagnation, listlessness.
3. SAPIENT- profound, sagacious, wise.
4. INTERDICT- prohibition, proscription, banning
5. INTERPOSE- to put between, interject.
6. MALADROIT- bungling, clumsy.
7. ANTERIOR- portion located nearest the front.
8. ELYSIAN- sublime, utopian, idyllic.
9. EXCISE- to cut out, delete.
10. SATURNINE- distant, remote.
14) Be able to do 100 push-ups: 13/100
15) Discover 15 new vegetarian recipes we can add to the family meal rotation: 1/15
16) Pay off my car loan: IN PROGRESS
17) Pay off all the medical bills: IN PROGRESS
Lose 20 pounds
Lose 10 pounds
Finally watch “24”
Finally watch “LOST”
22) Lose 40 pounds: IN PROGRESS 212 pounds, 5 more to go
23) Try a new food every other month for a year or equivalent (six different new foods in other words): IN PROGRESS 1/6
1) Shirataki noodles- Noodles made out of tofu. This was part of the Hungry Girl version of Fettucine Alfredo. I liked it, everyone else not so much
24) Answer the “50 Questions that Will Free Your Mind” IN PROGRESS 5/50 (I will post these as a separate entry once I’ve completed.)
See Fallingwater. Did this in September 2014