6 completed, 17 in progress
Lose 30 pounds: COMPLETED 07/19: 216.1
2) Blog my progress on 101 Things monthly: This is #5.
3) Watch a movie from every year since moviemaking began: 127 total to see (using 2015 as the cutoff), 22/127 done. NO MOVEMENT
4) Get a list of 20 book recommendations from Ellen and read them all 6/20 completed:
“The Women’s Room” by Marilyn French
“And the Shofar Blew” by Francine Rivers
“Anne of Green Gables” by Lucy Maud Montgomery
“The End of Mr. Y” by Scarlett Thomas
“The Hiding Place” by Corrie Ten Boom
“It Can’t Happen Here” by Sinclair Lewis
Run a 5K: COMPLETED ON 05/31/2014 Time 30:41.4
6) Copy all our recipes onto index cards: Haven’t done any new ones recently
7) Be able to do 200 situps: Can currently do 20.
8) Get screenings for HDL/LDL cholesterol, blood glucose and BMI and get them to healthy level: IN PROGRESS. I have my numbers but need to improve some to be “healthy”…
Triglycerides 75 mg/dL (optimal!)
Total cholesterol 169 mg/dL (optimal!)
Glucose 83 mg/dL (normal).
LDL “bad” cholesterol 120 mg/dL (optimal is less than 100 but it was in the 130-159 range last year so quite a bit better).
Heart disease risk-average.
HDL “good” cholesterol 34 mg/dL(target is minimum 41, above 60 is optimal).
BMI 41.7 (extremely obese..but 39 will move me down to just obese and it’s not far away..)
Blood pressure 132 over 72 (first number is “prehypertensive” range, target is less than 120 so got a ways to go, second number is in the normal range)
Next action: Add more leafy greens to my diet and continue exercise. That should help raise my HDL cholesterol while lowering my weight (and my BMI with it) and I expect also my blood pressure will push into the correct range along with it…
9) Drink 8 glasses of water a day for a month: Still averaging about 2 a day.
10) Create a bucket list: 17/100. No new ones.
11) Finalize my own personal “Top 1000 Songs” list: Still at 715 songs, no movement.
12) Bench press my body weight: Still at 110 out of 170 but the reps have increased.
13) Learn 30 new words (and use them in conversation):
1. SUPERANNUATED- obsolete. A superannuated computer.
2. TORPIDITY- languor, sluggishness, stagnation, listlessness I was in a state of torpidity after the 5K race.
3. SAPIENT- profound, sagacious, wise The professor brought a sapient understanding of the war’s causes to his book about the Civil War.
4. INTERDICT- prohibition, proscription, banning There is an interdiction on public smoking in the state of Ohio. (verb form typically interdict.)
5. INTERPOSE- to put between, interject Our yammering neighbor’s interpositions made finishing a speech difficult. The grey clouds interposed the brilliant blue sky with foreboding.
6. MALADROIT- bungling, clumsy I am typically covered with bruises and minor wounds as is the lot of the maladroit.
7. ANTERIOR- portion located nearest the front The anterior of the building was domed.
8. ELYSIAN- sublime, utopian, idyllic The mansion, interposed in the Andes mountains, offers Elysian beauty.
9. EXCISE- to cut out, delete. A good writer excises unnecessary detail.
10. SATURNINE- distant, remote. His countenance, by daylight, had a sort of amiably saturnine cast.
14) Be able to do 100 push-ups: 12
15) Discover 15 new vegetarian recipes we can add to the family meal rotation: 1/15
16) Pay off my car loan: IN PROGRESS
17) Pay off all the medical bills: IN PROGRESS
Lose 20 pounds
Lose 10 pounds
Finally watch “24”
Finally watch “LOST”
22) Lose 40 pounds: IN PROGRESS
23) Try a new food every other month for a year or equivalent (six different new foods in other words): IN PROGRESS
1) Shirataki noodles- Noodles made out of tofu. This was part of the Hungry Girl version of Fettucine Alfredo. I liked it, everyone else not so much